I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Friday 22 February 2013

Banksy

*blows some dust off*

Well, it's been a while, eh?
Mayn many things have happened since my last post. I made my first billion ISK, made an alt account, got my first PvP kill...but I'm not going to talk about any of those things.

I'll go meta-meta and link to a reddit post I just wrote just now right there just now here there:



EVE's market is an almost fully-fledged stock market. EVE is pretty much a small country in that aspect, and that to me is a big aspect of its greatness as an MMO. However, corporations shares are still monetarily and speculatively worthless. Additionally, there is no system in place for people to borrow money from institutions, with loan repayments, sleazy interest rates, or put money in the bank and have varying degrees of risk for your investment, ranging from low profit guaranteed return to high-risk investments with more lucrative possibilities.
I don't think there are any insurmountable technical difficulties in establishing this, even in having player-run banks, so I was wondering today why this doesn't exist. Is it because it's too many more spreadsheets? Would it just escalate the "rich get richer" phenomenon, like it does in the real world?
Whichever it would go, I'd love to see actual simulated economics with a degree of detail approaching the real world.




Give your thought on reddit if you're into that sort of thing, or just comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment