I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

mathtertainment

We had a little argument with Jackus in chat today.
And as most things in EVE, we resorted to mathin order to come to terms. because our opinions were divided. and math is an integral part of any capsuleer's arsenal, when wanting to stay rational, in addition his imaginary spaceship....fraction warfare?
Pun overload. What was I even talking about?

Jackus had me lookup some price for him, because he was too lazy, implying that's my job description. I asked if he paid me, he retorted he pays me in blog posts.

But much is a blog post worth? And does anyone care about his hair care flair?
Let's see here, about 1 post a month. Assuming if this blog were monetized I'd get 0,01 currency (USD or EUR, makes no difference in this context) for ever 10'000 pageviews.
PLEX sells for 15 € or 15 USD, or 540 million ISK.

So...

PLEXpriceISK / PLEXpriceEUR / Pageviews / 10 000 *0,01

= 540 000 000 / 15 / 20 /10 000 *0,01

= 720 ISK

One blog post would be worth 720 ISK...that is pretty shitty.
Then again, this blog is not monetized, so I really make 0, but hey, mathtertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment