I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Sunday 23 December 2012

Corporations, part 2/3


I'm away celebrating Christmas an other assorted things on planet Earth, so I let the blog bots post things from the recent past each day, until I return. Spooky!

Today's topic:

Small Player corporations

After one day in a corp, here's what I have to speculate:

Now, player owned corporations, they're quite another deal. See, they don't make you take out the garbage or do the dishes unlike those slimeball NPCs who think they're my mum.
These corps are like high-school cliques. You hang around together, and sometimes even talk to each other. Usually, nobody has any sort of grand plan for the corp, but eventually, something fruitful will come out of it, like building a nice big titan ship for the corp head to cruise around him while the puny underlings do the ground-work...much like real life corporations, really.
Of course, there's the benefit of fleet-flying. Even when you're doing something harmless like mining, if you're in low-sec space it's nice to have a buddy to help you keep a lookout for pesky pirates, or even better, haul ore or give mining boosters.
Yes, I do a lot of mining, so I talk a lot about mining. Maybe I should start referring to it as astrogeology, that makes it seems slightly less dreary.



Then of course there's the trading. As far as I know, making contracts with fellow incorporates does not lessen the listing and broker fees, but taxes sure are lower (in most cases), as any sensible corp will keep  a very low tax rate unless it owns a space station or is working on an expensive project...like building one of those monstrosities. Still, selling and buying in-corp is good practice, and one may often get lower prices than on the general market.
If one shows good enough manners and deference, one may find himself climbing the corporate ladder, and get more responsibility and privileges, like free access to corp storage, and pivotal roles in business, fighting, what have you. A famously sneaky player once infiltrated a major corporation wile working for an antagonist, and climbed the ranks until he was able to bring the whole edifice down. Thousands of souls cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced, as their hopes and dreams were shattered.

Well that's about it, really, everything I know, and think I know about corporations.
Tune in tomorrow for something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment