I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Monday 31 December 2012

Shipping invoice

Sorry for missing yesterday's newspost, therefore I'm putting this one up early, as you know...it's new year's EVE, and people have places to go and get wasted behave socially in a gentlemanly manner.

I had been thinking about relocating to a new home base, since my current station in Tash-Murkon is a bit noob-central, and it's time for me to shed that skin.
I spent about an hour looking at the star map in dismay...so many places, where to even begin? With some helpful insights of more seasoned players, but mostly by chance, I found a really nice system to live in, manufacture, mine, and run missions. For reasons of mild paranoia, I won't divulge these exact locations but if you see me in local, say hi!

Now I have three main stations to fly to and fro: my old home where most of my stuff still is, the corp base of operations, and my new home. They're quite a few jumps away from each other, in different regions, so moving cargo and more importantly, ships, was starting to become a problem.
Having Life Lessons and Tuggy the Tugboat for mining and fighting the occasional battle at my new home is all fine and dandy, but especially moving the slow and ponderous retriever takes an ungodly amount of time.



Fortunately, my corp's leader Mr. Skimore1 graciously built me a Covetor T1 mining barge that's great for mining in a fleet, with the adequate boosters and cargo-hauling. All I had to supply were the nullsec minerals zydrine and megacyte, and a BPC. the rest of the minerals were taken from the corp hangars, which we've been busy filling for our great secret corporation construction project for a while now.
In the end, I got a ship valued at 37million ISK for just 1,5mil. I hadn't intended to get another mining barge this quickly, and I will abide by my word and take my reader Eirik's advice in naming it: Daedalus.
I'll leave the ship unnumbered out of overt optimism it won't get blown up if I'm careful enough to stick with my fleet when using it.

A rather fitting name if using Stargate lore, as the EVE mining barges kinda-sorta look like the Daedalus class vessels of the Tau'Ri.

Next, I decided to have an efficient way to travel between my bases, so I bought a small, cheap, Executioner frigate, becasue I'd stupidly sold the one I got from rookie missions ages ago.With a default top speed of 410m/s, it's quite nice for travelling and I have no intention of using it for anything else (except maybe pick my teeth with it, that thing's damn pointy!).
Say hello to Speedy Gonzales!




Although those purchases were cheap, other were not. I was really looking forward to my fist 100 million ISK, but that dream was thwarted when I decided to get rudimentary training and gear in ice & gas mining.
From 80million, I'm down to 45...ouch. But it's all for the greater good. The greater good being personal profit on the longer term.


So in total, I now have:

  • Magnet Magnate : pretty much only gathering dust at my old home by this point, but some day I'll get back to scanning and probing with it
  • Ace Ventura V Venture : retired at my old home
  • Fart Ventura Venture : for gas mining at my new home
  • Life Lessons Coercer : my surprisingly weak combat vessel. PEW PEW LAHZURS!
  • Tuggy the Tugboat Retriever : I sing a little song every time I undock it, I must be in love
  • Daedalus Covetor : at my corp's mining base, for clearing out those pesky respawning asteroid belts with a fleet
  • Speedy Gonzales Executioner : For travelling between all these other ships.

3 comments:

  1. You even knew where I got the name from.. I love you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the sentiment, but I must decline your love for reasons of heterosexuality.

    Technically, I should have called it Prometheus since it's a T1 vessel, and kept the name Daedalus for a T2 barge...but now I'm just embarrassed by my own nerdiness (oh who am I kidding, I'm writing a blog about a spreadsheet-based videogame).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha :P

    You're right, you can always call the T2 for phoenix (appears in the SGA episode Sheppard get sent to the future and everyone dies)
    I dont remember if thats a daedalus class type ship, but lets pretend its not. And then the Promethetheus can be the next (if u ever of some random reason should get one) Venture.

    Or u could call the T2 for Aurora..

    ReplyDelete