I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Saturday 29 December 2012

Shed my newb skin and embrace expenses

Oh lordy...I've been mining so much I can now actually recognise the asteroid ore type by looking at it in the world...not that it's of any use, since the overview works much more splendidly.

Through vigorous mining, I'm steadily increasing my wealth, about 10 million ISK worth per hour of pyroxeres with my retriever Tuggy the Tugboat, if my calculations are correct.
Some day I need to get working on larger construction projects, my ore influx is extremely disproportionate to its usage.

Through mission-running, and judicious social skills training, I unlocked level 4 mining missions today. the 1st mission took me an hour to complete, mining 48 000 m3 of ore, but the payout was worth it, about 1,5 mil ISK and 4200 loyalty points. To my dismay, however, the other level 4 mining missions require gas and ice harvesting skills... so I had to buy a 23 million ISK skillbook...eeep!
Still, at 80 mil cash and about the same in unrefined ore, I can afford it. I was just really looking forward to having 9 figures in my bank account.



During the 20 minutes of training I needed to get them operational, I picked up two T1 gas harvesters (yes, I should have gotten T2s if I were serious about it), and my backup Venture, now emblazoned Fart Ventura, because it'll be exclusively used for gas mining.
Since gas harvesters need turret mounts, unavailable on mining barges, I need to use a venture. It's only been a matter of days since I last mined in one, yet it feels strangely alien and "retro" to me. Such puny cargo capacity, such blazing speed.

Here are some bonus links for today:

Amazing maps

Everything you'll ever need to know about mining (some slightly outdated info)

Mining/refining calculator with real prices

No comments:

Post a Comment