I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Mining the day away

December 12th




12/12/12: International sound-check day! One two, one, two...one two.
Oh how I amuse myself.

I met up with my new best friend Raines today. He yet again helped me boost my mining skill,down to 12 minutes to fill my 5000m^3 ore hold, compared to 22 minutes unboosted. Upon request, I jumped to a nearby system and bought him a tractor beam, many hilarious John Deere jokes ensued, and I made a cool 1,3 mil profit off that little fetch quest. that amount is nothing to someone who (allegedly) makes 3 billion a month in mining, but to my little frigateer bank account, it's a boon.

Speaking of contracts, to my surprise, someone jumped at the opportunity to haul my backup venture mining frigate that I bought after the destruction of Ace 2: Nature calls to my home base. That just shows that sensible contracts will be honoured, and it's not all scams.

I spent about 7 million on brain implants to make me be smarter and remember how smart I am, so I could train up to my fancy Retriever mining barge. I named it Tuggie the tugboat.
But now I'm too scared to go out into low-sec space to mine for Jaspet, sweet sweet delicious Jaspet ore, because I know that sooner or later I'll get pod-killed by an asshole.

In my Beginning NPC corporation's chat, I ecountered a peculiar fellow by the name of Doctor John Wallace, who is apparently in EVE as a real job, doing research on gold farmers and money laundering. A very well spoken and erudite fellow.
He also had this pearl of wisdom to impart us:

The 15/10/5/4/3/2/1 rule:
Before flying a destroyer you should be able to afford 15 frigates. Before flying a cruiser, you should be able to afford 15 frigates, 10 destoryers etc.

I finished off the day by doing drab boring and repetitive level II mining agent missions to get my standing up with the Amaar construction NPC corp while watching stupid crap on youtube for hours on end...yes...productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment