I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Saturday 12 January 2013

Get your ass to mars!


I tried my hand at planetary Interaction today, and it really reminded me a lot of Mass Effect 2's system, scanning, pinpointing, gathering phat lewt and all kinds of good stuff.

It's a bit of a hassle having to fly between planets in my Planet Cracker ship, and those planetary devastation missiles are really expensive too, but with some more skills in Mining Artillery and Celestial Body, it's getting better. Bafflingly, it's also much more profitable in high-sec than in low or null-sec, according to my calculations, since there are so many more planets, and they have more varied ecosystems that CONCORD's teams of environmentalists keep healthy.
It can be Especially profitable when you have several planet crackers working on the same planet in the same spot to boosts productivity. Yet another bonus is that planetary interaction tools make great weapons against intruders. I've heard that most supercapital ships carry planetary devastation missiles. and why wouldn't they? With their damage per salvo being over 9000, it more than makes up for their slow tracking.

Frankly the worst part is having to clear all those DUST 514 scrubs off the planet before starting the harvest,  that just takes too much effort. I think that sometimes they even kill off the aforementioned CONCORD environmental scientist teams, decreasing the planet's output.



By this point, all readers who aren't completely clueless have noticed that nothing I just wrote makes any sense. And that's simply because I've never tried Planetary Interaction, but I still had to write something today so I made it all up. Sorry. Hence the word of the day: gullery = trickery, fraud. This post is pure gullery, a big fat horrible lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment