I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Thursday 17 January 2013

Hide & Seek


Anathema Amarr covert ops ship
Having to leave 62 million ISK worth of Nocxium deep in pirate-controlled lowsec space left a bitter taste in my mouth. But on the plus side, it gave me a new goal to strive for: getting back what is rightfully mine! Thus, cloaking and covert ops ships enter the fray. The fray of my skill training queue, that is.
Unless I get warp-bubbled (which I haven't yet encountered outside of nullsec buffer gates), using a simple cloak to instawarp should fix all my problems, and allow me to carry the 2*400m3 of minerals out of those two deathtrap systems.
Maybe I'll look into strengthening my warp-drive with stabilizers too while I'm at it.




I guess I'm a bit of a pacifist (read: coward) as I've yet to even try to shoot back when getting ganked, focusing all my energy on escaping. At least this way I've avoided getting podded since my fourth day of playing, when I didn't know what I was doing.

Cheetah Minmatar covert ops ship
The Minmatar Cheetah is the fastest ship, but I've already trained up some of the frigate skills for the Amarr Anathema, and they all have fast align times. I'm assuming no amount of fire-power will save me in a direct fight. so speed, warp stability and cloaking should be all I need.
Hell, maybe I'll just slap a cloaking device on my old magnate and call it a day. The venture has native warp-strengthening, but lousy cargo space, and any decent gate-camp will have more than enough scrambling to counteract it.
If anyone has insight on what kind of ship I should use to transport decent amounts of cargo through dangerous lowsec space while as safe as possible, please let me know in the comments below.


Or maybe this is just a superfluous stopgap and I should go straight to blockade runners instead.

PS: in typically ironic fashion, Ragnar found the wife Cesare Romero been looking for all this time...a day after his marriage. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment