I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Just Cruisin'


Today's word: Dampfkesselüberwachungsverein. A completely useless and obsolete German word meaning "union of steam boiler inspectors"

Behold! my first cruiser! the Omen.


I did the fitting myself, like a big boy! And thought it pretty good. Then I actually tried it in combat and refit it better.

It was rather hard coming up with a good name for my Omen, so trioxis, Jackus and I brainstormed in my very own chat channel: brumi-in-eve.
Here's a list of the rejected names:
  • My Little PWNNY
  • Spaceball One
  • Oh, man
  • penis
  • Mein Handy
  • Gefickenmobile
  • Zealot
  • Pussy Wagon
  • Cesare Romero's Omen
  • Gay Elf Romp
  • sansha's buttplug
  • Corelum Vibrator
  • toothpick
  • blunt toothpick
  • Fabio
  • poop
  • Dampfkesselüberwachungsverein
  • Entrails
  • crapwagon
  • molotov cocktail
And although that discussion didn't seem very productive, Jackus did make an interesting unrelated typo:
Jackus Loftus > æole 3 daus ago / translation: about 3 days ago.
Oh those wacky whacky Icelandic keyboards.

Huh, æole. That has a nice ring to it. æole the Omen, slapping rats around.
If you too want to spell æole, then hold alt, and press 1 4 5 on your numpad. Then o l e. æole! I'm not even going to capitalize it, Æole just looks weird. And I've decided it'll be pronounced Éole, like the first flying airplane. Damn those Yankees and their Wright bothers propaganda.

untz untz untz...disco time!
Now that my new ship was fit, and named, it came time to try it out in a level 2 security mission. Bad luck struck, and the first mission I was offered was the hardest possible lvl2 mission: Blockade, with a stasis tower and a metric fuckton of rats in seemingly unending waves. My first mistake was forgetting I had drones for about 15 minutes...durrr.
My second mistake was fitting a webifier. The cap drain on that thing severely outweighed any tactical advantages it may provide, so I quickly swapped it out for a 10mn afterburner.
Near the end of the 3rd wave, after about 80 minutes of grinding these rats down, periodically having to warp away and dock to recharge my cap, I was getting really tired of this bullshit. I called in trioxis for some help as I knew he'd just built himself a PvE Armageddon, and he was more than happy to help.

Did somebody call about a rat infestation?
Oh boy, when he arrived, it was like Robocop in the streets of Detroit. BLAM BLAM KABOOM. one-shotting everything in sight. the next couple of waves went down in flames, and Robocop was off to new adventures more suited to his skills, like level 3 and 4 security missions solo.

That's me in the background, with the green jet-streams
After the metaphorical dust had settled, I counted the wrecks, some of which may have already despawn because it'd been over an hour. Fifty two wrecks...wow. Salvaging time!
After this annoyingly long and hard mission, I was more than glad to pew pew some weaker rats in other lvl2 security missions. Thus ended the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment