I started playing eve in early December 2012, and am keeping a journal of my daily activities.
Come in and make yourself some popcorn while you read about my silly newbie mistakes and palpitating adventures!

Tuesday 8 January 2013

I'm a trucker! Honk honk!

I'm starting a little side-thing with this post, the word of the day! So you can expand your vocabulary while the rest of your brain rots on the internet. these words will just be from the top of my head, so they may be completely useless words, but I'll endeavour to use them in context.Oh, endeavour, there's a bonus one for today: Endeavour a made up word named after a United-Statesian space shuttle*.Argh! United-Statesian, triple word bonus. I'll stop here.
Today's word is "Recuperate", which is basically a fancy way of saying "recover".
*this is in fact a lie, a warning to never believe anything you see on the internet


I had to reschedule my trip to the Eve gate, but I'll get there eventually
As I mentioned last year (oh, the wit, the unbearable wit!), I'm relocating to a new home in a secret location in k-space. Following that logic, I really needed to get all my random loot, ships, minerals and such over from my old newbie stomping grounds. I could have asked a friend to haul it for me, or hired a shipping company, but it can't hurt to have my own industrial ship, can it? Also I have a cargo delivery storyline mission requiring 4500m3 of whatever carried across 3 high-sec systems. STOP WASTING MY TIME, AGENTS! I'm supposed to be the one who wastes that time!

Enter Belly Beluga the Bestower!
According to the calculations of my lovingly crafted spreadsheet, and savvy market analysis, getting a BPO and building Bestowers for resale would be quite profitable as well. My shield rechargers and afterburners are selling like hotcakes, but their low price in the tens of thousands means very slim profits:
I could just have used this handy dandy online tool, but doing my own calculations just feels more rewarding. It's not strictly playing the game, but it is much more than metagaming.

I'm glad I'm not in high-school anymore, else anyone who knew me saw this, I'd never live down the nerdliness
(funfact: Google corrects "nerdliness" as "lordliness")
Since our corp is still a bit too small to effectively mine in nullsec, I have to buy a few units of Zydrine and Megacyte, so I take my first ever trip to Jita, where all the good prices are. Holy smokes...this place is crazy when you're used to 1-15 people in local. While I'm all the way up there, I buy enough minerals to build 20 Bestowers, or whatever else may come to mind, and I'm off!

It takes me around two hours to build the Bestower, so I do a little mining mission for my standing to recuperate from that security mission fiasco.
When the mission ore is brought back,  Belly Beluga the Bestower is barely born and backended into bringing barrelfuls of boring brave bravado...okay abort the alliteration here.
tl;dr I take indy ship and carry shit from [location censored] to [location censored].

I quickly wrap hauling some ditanium bars for the storyline mission, and then moving all my stuff. In only two trips, I have everything except some unrefined ores brought home. Ah, now isn't this nice?
Well, it would be a lot nicer if I could organise my station inventory somehow, a long asked-for feature that CCP turns a blind ear and a deaf eye to. But I can just barely fit a station container in Belly Beluga's 10000m3 hold with 4 cargo expanders equipped. I find some for sale at way below the normal rate, mentally scan for scams and buy all three. I carry one to my new home, briefly chuckle at the irony of transporting an empty  container in a freighter, and presto, all my salvaged junk is now neatly organised in a makeshift station "folder".

The irony...
Reprocess or sell? I'd rather not think about it and just let it rot.


A productive day overall.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely update, Ill try and recuperate (harr harr) and tell something myself.

    Just moved to nullsec and mined 1 batch (not one cargo hold, one cycle on my strip miners) before there came an evil person and killed me. So I have to wait for the alliance to camp all the gates so I can mine in peace :P

    ReplyDelete